Friday, February 6, 2009

Psalm 60

1 A triumphant, teaching poem for the permanent collection, to be accompanied by trumpets. Written by David when he waged war against Syria, northeast of Damascus – when Joab returned and killed 12,000 Edomites in the valley of salt pits.

O Mighty God, You have rejected us with intense passion. Restore Your relationship with us again. 2 You have made our land to shake and split; repair and wholly restore, for it is falling apart. 3 You have showed Your family such intense things we’re overwhelmed (because it is beyond our capacity to comprehend).

4 You have designated a sign for those who trust You so what You are really like will be revealed even in their faces (music pause). 5 You love me so much You will set me free, giving me ample space as you sing me into Your prosperous presence.

6-8 The Creator speaks. “I will joyfully triumph as I smooth out high places and level valleys, claiming the rocky regions as well as the choice, fruitful lands. Praise my government. I also take dominion over the least esteemed areas - all the way from the desert to the coast. Shout and applaud to Me. 9 Now, who will give me authority to conquer the strongholds of those against me?”

10 Mighty God, does what You just said mean You didn’t reject us? You didn’t leave our armies?

11 Remove us from the tight situation we are in right now then, for human help is not sufficient and actually worthless.

12 Since Almighty God has not accepted those antagonistic toward us, by His power we are shall perform efficiently and valiantly.

No comments: