Thursday, February 12, 2009

Psalm 62

1 A praising poem/song by David for the permanent collection. I am quietly yet confidently waiting for sure victory from the Mighty God. 2 Since He is my only security, prosperity and refuge, I won’t leave Him.


3 How long will you plan to overwhelm someone else? Those of you who think that way will die, for you are even now like a crumbling wall that is about to fall down. 4 They conspire to drive others away from His majestic excellence by pleasant sounding lies – affirming and congratulating them but inwardly thinking contemptuously.


5 My heart, quietly yet eagerly look to God for power to live. 6 He protects, gives health and defends me so I won’t tremble or slip and fall. 7 The God who gives victory, security and abundance is where I go for protection. 8 Have confidence in God all the time, share with Him all that concerns you, for you can trust Him.


9 People who are low in society are frail, like a mist. People high in society are also deceptive. Comparatively speaking, they are all empty. 10 When dealing with others don’t use force or plunder. If you become wealthy don’t let it control you.


11 God said it, and I’ve heard it more than once myself, that all power, praise, glory and splendor belong to Him. 12 Lord, You are good, kind and loving, and make a covenant of peace with every person who accepts Your ways.

No comments: