Monday, February 9, 2009

Psalm 61

1 A lively, short poem song, teach one primary thought. To be accompanied with stringed instruments. Written by David for the permanent collection.

O God, carefully listen to me and understand what I am trying to say. 2 No matter where I am I will address You by name. When depression tries to cover me, lift me out of it completely and into Your presence.

3 You have been to me like a secure garden filled with lovely and fragrant flowers - a hiding place from those hostile to me. 4 I choose to stay in your special protected presence from now on. I trust You to lovingly protect me and care for me. Music pause.

5 Mighty God, You have heard my covenant promises to You and have responded by giving me Your 'Father blessing' (which You give those who reverently submit to Your love authority). 6 - 7 My King Jesus lives forever. Give me mercy (treat me kindly even though I don't deserve it), build me up and protect me, thus revealing who You really are.

8 I will joyfully sing to You from now on, Lord, which will empower me to daily keep my covenant promises to You.

No comments: