Saturday, February 7, 2009

Psalm 108

1 - 2 A religious poem song by David. O Majestic God, I have chosen to use my poetry to sing, with string instruments such as a psaltery and harp, as a way to express my excitement – even early in the morning. 3 I will celebrate you, O Lord, when I am with my family or with other people as well. 4 Your intense benevolence and loving favor surrounds the whole earth. 5 - 6 God, Your reputation is higher than anyone else, which equips me with the right kind of strength and gives me answers.

7 - 8 The Creator speaks. “I will joyfully triumph as I smooth out high places and level off valleys, claiming the rocky regions as well as the choice, fruitful lands. Praise my form of government. 9 I also claim dominion over the least esteemed areas - all the way from the desert to the coast. Shout and give Me applause. 10 Now, who will give me authority to conquer the strongholds of those still against me?”

11 Mighty God, does what You just said mean You didn’t reject us? You didn’t leave our armies? 12 Then remove us from the tight situation we are in right now, for any human help is worthless. 13 Since the Almighty God has not accepted those who are antagonistic toward us, by His power we shall perform efficiently and valiantly.

No comments: