Saturday, October 27, 2007

Psalm 28

1. Written by David. I earnestly address You by name, O Self-Existent One (who is also my refuge). Don't ignore me or leave me alone. If You don't listen to me I will become like those who fall into a prison like pit of depression.
2. Listen carefully to my earnest petitions to You to free me from trouble as I lift my open hands toward Your holy place indicating my earnest desire for Your direction in my life.
3. Don't allow me to closely associate with those who work to cause trouble. Outwardly they act and talk friendly to people while inwardly they plan mischief and evil against them.
4 -5. Give these people who try to spoil and hurt others what they deserve. Because they don't accept the Creator's authority may He disconnect His life from them and let them die.
6. I kneel and adore the Creator because He has intelligently listened to me.
7. Trusting the Lord who surrounds and protects me makes me jump for joy, sing and raise my open hands to Him in loving worship.
8. The same, majestic, Self-Existent One who frees and protects us also fortifies and defends Messiah.
9. Keep safe those who trust You and speak good to those who accept Your authority. Take care of them and bring them into Your loving presence forever.

No comments: