Thursday, October 18, 2007

Psalm 26

1. Written by David. Make the right decision about me, O Self-Existent One; I have lived the best way I knew how. I have confidence in the Creator so I will not waver.
2. Investigate me, O Lord. Bring my thinking and emotions into unity with You.
3. By focusing on Your beauty and courtesy I have become stable and trustworthy.
4. I have not remained with desolating people - those who conceal their real motives.
5. I hate those who are good for nothing. I won't stay around those who are bad.
6. I will clean myself, then come close to You in worship, my Creator, so I can intelligently listen to You.
7. Then, with distinctness and awe, I will relate to others Your great and distinguished accomplishments.
8. Lord, I have loved being as intimate with You as in a loving marriage relationship.
9-10. Don't consider me a criminal or a prostitute selfishly wanting intimacy.
11. As for me, I belong only to You. Keep me close to You and be kind to me.
12. I am walking in Your right way. With Your family I will kneel to worship You.

No comments: