Monday, October 22, 2007

Psalm 27

1. Written by David. With the Self-Existent One as my Illumination, Happiness and Deliverer, who is of greater value? With the Creator as my defender, who is there that can alarm me?
2. When those who would break me down and cramp my life because of their hostility toward me came to cut down my productiveness and reduce my joy, they faltered and fell.
3. Though a whole group should try to get me down, I will not consider them as my authority. Even though they fight against me, I have a specific confidence.
4. I have made an all-encompassing request to the Self-Existent One and am striving for it. I long to have as intimate relationship with my Creator as a loving couple have with each other in marriage. I want this kind of relationship all the rest of my life so I can contemplate with pleasure the beauty of the Lord and admire, care about and consider Him where He lives.
5. When bad or evil times come He will protect me in His home. He will cover and hide me, protecting me as though I were on a cliff high above my enemies.
6. My response to being with my Lover - Jehovah - high above those who hate me is that I will shout and sing jubilee praises in the Creator's home. I will sing, accompanied by musical instruments, celebrating my Creator's love covenant with me.
7. Lord, I address You reverently by Name, please favorably respond to me.
8. You long for me to behold You. My response is "I will look at You, my Lover."
9. Don't turn away from me if You do get upset with me. You are my only help. Don't let me go, or break Your covenant with me, for You, Creator God, are the One who truly sets me free.
10. When my father and my mother release me, as giving in marriage, then the Self-Existent One will take me to Himself to complete our love covenant.
11. Show me (like pointing your finger in the right way) where You want me to go, my Lover, and guide me in pleasant, prosperous ways - particularly on account of those who are hostile against me and oppose me.
12. Don't allow those who would crowd me and are against me have their way, for cheats and liars have spoken against me as well as those who think cruelty and get violent.
13. I have chosen to trust my Lover and to see His beauty while I'm still alive.
14. You who are reading this, stay connected and united to the Creator God and He will keep you alert mentally and physically. Be sure to stay connected to the Creator, Your lover.

No comments: