Thursday, April 26, 2007

Psalm 9

1. A song written by David to be sung using a popular melody of that day and with instruments.
I will throw open my hands in worship to the Self-Existent One with my entire heart, the very center of me. I will enumerate and celebrate marvelous, wonderful and difficult works which the Creator God has done.
2. I will be exuberant and romp for joy while I exalt in thee. I will sing songs that celebrate your honor, authority and character - You who are Supreme.
3. When those who are hostile towards me retreat backward they will totter, waver and fall while wandering away from your face.
4. For you have made a verdict about me that was right, you remain on the seat of judgment to make right decisions.
5. You chided and reproved everyone who was not an overcomer. You have lost those who were wrong so you erased their position and took away their authority from as far back as is recorded history and onward continually.
6. Those of you who are hostile and who hate me and are my adversaries, ahead of you is parched drought and desolate completion: you have torn away places that were being guarded; their remembrance and recognition is lost with them.
7. But the Self-Existent One sits from as far back as history goes and onward for ever. He has set up His seat from which to accept final decisions.
8. He shall judge the inhabitants of this earth, to clear Himself. He is sovereign. He controls the community in even, straight ways.
9. The Self-Existent One is a safe place for those who have been crushed and injured, a refuge continuing onward for those who are in narrow, tight places, crowded by an opponent, someone against God.
10.Those who ascertain and recognize your authority and Your honor will quickly move toward you for refuge, O Self-Existent One for You have not relinquished or let go of the ones who look for You and who make you Supreme in their lives.
11. Sing praises to the One who is self-existent, who remains in the permanent capitol of the Universe. Bring to the front and make manifest among all people groups the exploits and performance of the Creator God
12. When He walked to perish while He marked those and was not oblivious to the shrieks of those who were pressed down and depressed.
13. Bend in kindness and favor me, O Self-existent One; see my depression and when I look down because of those who hate me. You are the One who raises me and gives me Your life up from dying
14. That I may enumerate, intensely recount and celebrate every hymn in the door of the builder of your government and capitol; I will spin around with intense JOY in response to Your freedom and safety.
15. Those who have not chosen to belong to You are caught in the trap they made; that which they set to trip up others has caught them.
16. The Creator God is recognized by His law which He made and keeps. Those who have violated it are entrapped by their own contradictions between what they say and what they do. (Pause to think.)
17. Those who disturb others, who violate God’s law and everyone who is oblivious of the Almighty shall shall retreat into demanding of others.
18. The destitute and those who sense their needs won’t always be forgotten, the wants of the poor and depressed shall not go on forever.
19. Arise, O Creator God. Don’t let frail, feeble humans who can die prevail because they are so stout and stubborn. Accept the decisions of everyone as You see them.
20. Frighten the world, O Creator God, in such a way that everyone will recognize and ascertain by seeing that they are mortal and can die – not in charge like You are.

No comments: