Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Psalm 6

1. Written to be accompanied by flute and eight string lyre by David. O Self-Existent One, don’t make decisions about me or instruct me with an intent to correct me when you are in intense passion.
2. Be kind to me - I am your inferior – for I am drooping, O Self-Existent One. Cure me, for my strength trembles and shakes and I am alarmed and agitated.
3. How much longer, Lord will this continue?
4. Come back, Lord and pull me free me because you are looking down to me and paying attention to me.
5. When a person dies – no more life from You – who mentions You, or who thanks and worships You where no inquiry about You is made?
6. I am exhaustedly tired from sighing. I cried so much all night that my bed was wet from my tears.
7. I have cried so much that my eyes are failing because of trouble. My eyes have aged because of those who ‘cramped’ me.
8. Turn from me, every one of you who practice and pant after vanity and wickedness, for The Self-Existent One has intelligently heard my crying and moaning.
9. He has heard my entreaty and He will take my intercession and song.
10. Let those who hate me be pale and quickly tremble. Let them suddenly and violently be turn back and disappointed.

No comments: