Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Psalm 5

1. To the Choir director, composed by David.
Creator God, listen carefully to what I am trying to express to You. Understand even my murmurings.
2. Perk up Your ears as I call aloud for freedom to You who reigns over all. I choose to belong to You and communicate with You.

3. You will hear me at dawn. At the break of day I set my requests before You as I lean forward and peer upward.
4. You are not pleased with those who do or declare wrong. Those who break away from You can't stand to be where You are.
5. Those who boast and showoff can't stand to be in Your presence. You hate those who exert themselves toward ‘nothingness’.
6. You will allow to wander and lose themselves who arrange untruths and falsehood . It hurts You deeply to see those who cause death to others and who delude and betray others and especially those who are already frail and feeble.
7. But as for me, I come into Your presence because You have so much kindness. In reverence I worship You, looking toward where You live.

8. Guide me right, Heavenly Father, because there are those who are hostile against me. Enable me to follow Your course of life for me and keep it before me no matter where I turn.
9. Those who are against me aren’t ‘straight’ in what they say or even think in their mind. They are intense, with a rushing desire to do ruin. What comes out of their mouths is like the stench of dead bodies in an open grave so that even though they are ‘smooth’ talking they are still making false statements.
10. Let them be guilty, O God. Let them fall by their own advise and purposes. Push them off in the abundance of their own revolt for they are bitter against Thee.
11. But let everyone who trusts You and flees to You brighten up with JOY. Let them keep shouting for JOY because You have entwined about them and fenced them in. Let those who have affection for who You really are jump for JOY!.

12. For You, Lord, the Self-Existent One, will kneel before those who have delighted in You and will encircle them with Your protection similar to a prickly thorn hedge.

No comments: