Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Psalm 4

1. A ‘hymn, or song written by David
(Begins with a direct prayer to God)
Turn your eyes to me when I address you, God (Three in One), the source of my being right. You have given me more space when I was in a cramped situation. Give me your favor and listen intelligently to my hymn song.
(Now speaking to others)
2. All of you, how much time are you going to take trying to put me down. You seem to love things that are worthless and go looking for lies and deceptions. (Think about it)
3. But be assured that the One who is Life distinguished those who are kind as belonging to Him. He will understand when I properly address Him by His Name.
4. Have proper reverence to God and don’t miss. Talk to yourself when you are resting and just relax. (Think about it)
5. Offer what is right and hurry to the Lord
6. A lot of people say ‘show us what good God has been to us’.
(Speaking to God again)
6. Lord, You who have life in Yourself, look at us with happiness and joy.
7. You have put joy in my heart more than I feel happy at a harvest festival.
8. I relax and even go to sleep, for You, Lord, are the One who keeps me safe.

No comments: