Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Psalm 57

1. For the permanent music collection (do not destroy). Written by David when he was hiding in a cave while fleeing from Saul.

Show pity, and treat me with favor, O Mighty God. I am confident You will protect me until these present calamities become history.

2 I call to You, O True God, who is exalted in heaven - as well as my Hero who completely takes care of me. 3 You will reach out to free me
by Your zeal, love and truth from the taunts of this man who is attempting to trample me down and kill me.

4 Roaring and yelling surround me. People spew out burning, acrid words. Seige is laid on me with cutting, blasphemous language.

5 O Mighty God, Your splendor, reputation and honor be exalted above everything visible.

6 Their determined plans to trap me as I move from place to place depress me and cause me to feel worthless and empty. Yet, in those very plots they laid for me they themselves have been entrapped.

7-9 I am determined to honor the True God through song and instruments. I will act triumphantly, including singing joyful music in the mornings. I will agree with You, God, and reverently submit to Your will when I am with my family - those who love You - as well as when I am with those not related to or in agreement with me.

10-11 Your benevolent favor and great love fills the whole earth and reaches as high as the visible heavens. You are exalted above everything, O God. Let who You really are and what You are really like be fully revealed to everyone, everywhere.

No comments: