Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Psalm 56

1 -2 - For the permanent collection, (to the tune 'The silent dove of far-off places) written by David (was not in the collection for a while) when he was held in Gath, an important Philistine city.


Show favor to me, O God, and make me acceptable to You. People try to walk all over me and daily force me by fighting with me in order to crush me. They keep twisting and turning, making it hard for me to deal with them. 3 - 4 But, when I am tempted to get terrified, I renew my determination to have confidence - feel safe - in You, God, by boasting in You (usuing Your own words) to boldly declare my security in You. I will not dread or even be afraid of what people try to deal out to me. 5 - 6 All the time they twist or stretch what I say. They spend all their time thinking up malignant and even vicious tales against me. They secretly figure out ways they can assissinate my reputation and character. 7 Are they going to be successful? In Your full power, God, cause those people to sink down. 8 You have an accurate record of my aimless wanderings and have legally documented all my pain and tears. 9 When I read that record aloud, then those who hate me will fall backard. The reason I know this is that the Divine Judge is on my side. 10 I will tell how wonderful the Creator God's Words are and how Awesome He is. 11 I have so much confidence in my Divine Judge that I will not be afraid what people can do to me. 12 I am in a covenant of peace with You - my True God - and I am in full agreement with the provisions. 13 You have recovered me - my physical life, my passions and my mind - from dying, that I may come into the Light - the full Life - of Your Presence entirely restored.

No comments: