Saturday, December 29, 2007

Psalm 38

1. A poem song written by David to remember. O Self-Existent One, don't nag me about how good You are, or correct me with an outburst of rage or intense anger.
2. - 3. Like arrows, conviction settles deep into my heart and I get totally stressed out as You come near to show me where I have missed Your will for my life.
4. Where I have gone wrong overwhelms me as being stupid, dull and way overdone.
5. - 6. I became fascinated in casting spells but I only hurt myself - for they dwindled and vanished. That foolishness is now offensive to me, yet it depresses me all the time.
7. My stomach has 'shrunk'. My whole body (even my sex drive) is messed up.
8. I feel very sluggish - even to the point of collapsing. I moan because of the snarling, growling and contention going on inside of me.
(Prayer to God)
9. Sovereign Lord, You know what will really satisfy and delight me. You also already know everything about what I have just described.
10. I am shaky, weak, and can't even 'see straight' anymore.
11. My friends and co-workers don't like to be around me anymore and can't understand what is wrong with me. Even my family keeps their distance from me.
12. Those who have wanted to hurt me make up stories and spread gossip all the time.
13. -14. I acted as if I were deaf, not hearing what they were saying; and I have acted dumb, not answering them or arguing with them in an attempt to justify or refute what they said.
15. O Self-Existent One, I hope in You - my Supreme God who pays attention to me.
16. Of others I said, "They will find something to twist up and make fun of me about."
17. For I am ready to fall and I grieve and feel sorry for what I did all the time.
18. I choose to acknowledge my perversity. I am sorry where I offended God.
19. But those who are hostile and hate me are strong and there are lots of them.
20. Those who give evil for good are my enemies. I follow - yes, run after - the good.
21. Don't let go of me, my Creator: Almighty God, don't even go very far from me.
22. Please! hurry and eagerly surround me, My Sovereign ruler, my Rescuer.

No comments: