Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Psalm 39

1. A peom/song written by David for Israel's permanent music collection.
I said "I will guard my actions and be very careful of any comments I make when those who are abusive and violate others are in my presence."
2. I quit making even good comments - which gave me grief as well.
3. But just thinking about problems and complaining about them to myself stressed me out so much I finally started talking again.
4. Creator God, empower me to recognize my limitations as well as what I can yet accomplish in life, so I can understand my shortcomings.
5. Whoa! You gave me a 'handful' of days, so to speak. My whole lifetime is practically 'nothing' to You. The best a person is and does is at best transitory.
6. What a person does is like a shadow. They get uptight over just about nothing, they try to accumulate lots of 'things', but don't really know who will end up with them.
7. My Sovereign, what is in my future? I wait in You.
8. Snatch me away from anything that causes me to break away from You. Don't let me be disgraced by those who have already been stupid and fallen away.
9. I didn't say anything because of what You did.
10. Stop afflicting me, for I am about finished off by your power.
11. When you correct and instruct a person who has been crooked, beauty shrinks and disappears and everyone becomes empty.
12. Creator God, Hear my intense prayer song. Don't be silent when I - who am more like a stranger or temporary guest - weep.
13. Have compassion on me so I recover strength before my life ends.

No comments: