Monday, August 11, 2008

Psalm 92

1.-3. A poem song for Sabbath. Singing praises to our Supreme God accompanied with instruments is a good way to boldly manifest His beauty and faithfulness day and night. Use a piano, guitar and even include a harp for more solemn, meditative themes.

4.-5. O Creator God, You give me joy working in my life. I get so excited I shout as I watch Your actions and activities. Your works are awesome, yet Your thoughts go far deeper.

6. A busy consumer can't figure out what's happening, neither can those just out for a 'good time'.

7.-8. Those who don't agree with You spring up like young grass, but they soon die and are gone - just the opposite of You, Lord, who lives eternally.

9. Those who hate you, Lord, wander off, get scattered and become lost.

10.-11 But my light (which comes from You in the first place) You cause to shine conspicuously, bringing me fresh, abundant life and enabling me to see those who didn't like me when I was 'down' and to hear what happened to those who were against me before I became prosperous.

12. Those who are right with God in their hearts will flourish, be erect and keep growing.

13.-14. When You become part of God's family, you will grow up as in a protected garden, and will continue to be productive and 'fruitful' even as you mature, which will make manifest to everyone that God is unchangeable - as a mighty mountain - and that His way is totally right.

No comments: