Monday, August 4, 2008

Psalm 91

1-2 The person who is in love with God will stay very close to their awesome Lover. [He is my Lover too.]

3-4 He will rescue you from covert seductions as well as obvious attempts to destroy your love for Him by surrounding you with His own passionate love. Passionate intimacy with Your lover is what will really protect you 5-6 so You won't panic when you can't see what is happening or even when you can; whether lies are secretly spoken to destroy you or you know you are being attacked.

7-8 Others all around you will lose their love for God and become unfaithful, but it won't break your intimacy with Him. You will see, however, what happens to those who become unfaithful.

9-10 But because you have chosen (as I have) God as your lover, no infidelity will contaminate your thoughts or life.

11-13 Your Lover will also use others who love Him to safeguard you from adultery by teaching you how to passionately repel any obvious temptations and even quickly dismiss all evil insinuations.

14-16 (Your Lover's message to you:) "Because you love Me intimately - having learned who I really am and what I am really like - and fully respect My authority, I will marry you and give you My special name to call Me. When You use My special name I will lovingly respond to you. Even when you get in tight, narrow situations or are crowded by opponents, I will strengthen you with My joyful, satisfying peace filled Presence and will save you in spectacular ways."


No comments: