Friday, July 11, 2008

Psalm 86

1. An intercessory prayer written by David. Look at me Lord so I perceive that You hear me better. Please pay attention to me. I feel depressed and destitute, yet I yield myself to You. 2. I am trying to be like You so protect me, Supreme God. Be open to help me for I'm sure You are my only help. 3. Be kind to me, my Sovereign, for I am coming to You all of the time. 4. Give me JOY for I come to You with my life. 5. You, Lord, are good, ready to pardon and are sparing me. You are full of kindness to everyone who comes to You. 6. Listen, Lord, to my request as I speak to you my earnest prayer. 7. When I am having a hard time with others, I please give me Your answer. 8. There is no one else who is like You and who can do what You can do. 9 - 10. Everyone will eventually bow before you and agree that You really are Sovereign and Supreme. 11. Teach me now how You want me to be and live so I am at-one in Your will. 12. I raise my hands in worship to You, Supreme God as a symbol that I am completely Yours. I will honor and respect Your authority from now on.13. You have been so kind to me and have delivered me from eternal death. 14. Those who don't honor you are trying to get me to turn against You like they are, 15 -16. but You, my Sovereign Lord, have come along side me with Your passion and have chosen to reveal to me Your beauty as well as Your stability. Let me experience Your kindness and trustworthiness as You give me Your saving strength.

17. Give me a token of evidence You delight in me so those who hate me will be disappointed because You have protected and comforted me.

No comments: