Monday, November 5, 2007

Psalm 30

1. Written by David for singing with instruments when he consecrated his house.
I will exalt You, O Self-Existent One. You have delivered me and not let those who have turned hostile boast that they got the better of me.
2 - 3. Almighty God, I petitioned you to heal me, which You did by lifting me out of demanding circumstances and reviving me so I didn't die.
4. Those to whom the Creator shows kindness play instruments and sing to Him. Lift up your hands while commemorating what He has done.
5. God has intense passion and His satisfaction revives. Discouragement may last for a night but shouts of joyful triumph come as the day dawns.
6. When everything was going fine I said I would never get upset or anxious.
7. Lord, when You are pleased with me I am enabled to stand strong. But when I didn't see You I became alarmed and agitated.
8. I address You by Name, Father in heaven, and am earnestly petitioning you.
9. What is gained if I die, or fall as in a trap? Will dirt worship You and describe who You really are?
10. Listen carefully, O Creator, and favorably consider my request. Please surround, protect and help me.
11 - 12. You have changed my sorrow into excitement and my depression into joy. For that reason I will reveal Your honor (but not quietly and sedately) by celebrating with music and song. Almighty God, I reverently hold up my hands to You in thanksgiving and praise. I will worship You for as long as I live.

No comments: